Here's what's been on my wheel: My first Cormo. It came out a lot better than I thought it might - a little fulling when setting the twist seemed to help it settle. What a challenge it was so spin. Kept sticking to itself, had VM in it (the sunroom floor looks like a little cadre of brown ants have moved in!), and was just as full of neps as could be :-( Neps, BTW are those little blobs that you can't actually draft out and they make slubs and bumps in the singles. Even so, it's springy like Targhee, and it's really bright white. I love it! And I have enough roving for at least one more skein - maybe one and a half. There is about 300 yards there! Woo Hoo! Here's a closeup.
Next we have the 70/30 Merino/silk in the Standing Stones colorway from The Sanguine Gryphon, purchased from The Loopy Ewe. I'm loving this stuff. This is 8 oz. of fiber (two of her braids worth), and I have more than 400 yards. And I have two more braids! Yippy!!
And finally - here are the socks I wanted to be done with. They came out nicely, but they were knit from something called Flat Feet. The concept is intriguing, which is why I picked up the "flat" at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair. It's a flat of knitted yarn that is then hand dyed. You unravel the yarn and knit is as it comes . . . I suppose this works pretty good if you don't make a mistake and have to frog your sock (twice :-S).
I was trying to copy Knitterary's beautiful twisted cable sock . . . and I forgot to allow for how much stretch I would lose with the little cables all the way down the calf . . . it's a sad story. I won't bore you with the details, but I was left with a pile of wormy yarn that broke twice and was the most splitty yarn I've ever worked with. I cast on the second sock on my way home from the Michigan Fiber Festival, which was Saturday the 16th, and it was done by Tuesday, at which point I tossed it aside to recover. I kitchener'd the toe today and wove in the ends. They are going to my cousin, K, who loves everything I knit for her (really!). :-) She saw them and did her customary, "are those for me?!" question - and I was happy to let her have them.
They are superwash - but of course, they have to be blocked because I knit them with wormy yarn. I will NOT do this again. . . what a pain they were.
I cast on on Thursday night for the St. Patrick sweater from A Fine Fleece. I'm using Queensland Kathmandu Aran in the most perfect shade of green. I think it's going to be a beautiful sweater - hope it fits me . . . I'm making it one size smaller than I should for a couple of reasons: (1) I'm hopeful it will be great encouragement to get back on the treadmill and make better food choices, and (2) I understand that this yarn can stretch. I got gauge with it, but I didn't wet block my swatch . . . I know, it's a chance.
Oh - and once again, I have fallen off the stash busting wagon and I only lasted a week and a half . . . but that's another story ;-)