The Update on the Heels . . .

So. I started PT for my heels on Monday.

  • I have to go three times a week.
  • I apparently have poor mobility in my foot joints . . .
  • I'm getting cortisone, but NOT shots. It's called iontophoresis, or something like that. It's diffused into my feet electronically . . . (it's like Star Trek :-D)
  • I have to stretch multiple times a day.
  • I have to ice multiple times a day.
  • I have to attempt to grab a towel with my toes multiple times a day . . . I suck at this and it gives me foot cramps . . .

I was OK on all this stuff, until the therapist said, "oh yeah, no, you're not supposed to be riding your bike." And "um . . . no, no wall squats, no Bosu lunges."

I'm managing not to curse. I know that this is temporary - the new doctor said that I WILL be able to walk for exercise again, just not very soon and I will most likely have to wear orthotics (those are special inserts for your shoes that support your feet properly), and stretch a really lot - for the rest of my natural life - to be able to do so.

That's OK. I'm fine with that. I'll stretch it if means that I will eventually be able to exercise normally again . . .

But for now, no weight training or cardio that involves some sort of medial something or other of the feet . . . I'm going to ask tomorrow if I can swim. Well, of course I CAN swim, I've been swimming since I learned at the Thornridge High School pool in Dolton when I was a little kid. I was even life guard qualified. Not when I was a little kid, though. Later. I never worked as a life guard, I was just qualified. OMG I'm so tired.

It's really late. Me and my iced heels are going to bed now.

Comments

Michelle said…
Maybe that's why I've never had foot troubles -- I've always been quite handy at picking things up with my toes!
Kris said…
((((hugs)))) you're on your way to a healthier life. It will be okay.

Popular Posts