Exhaling . . .

I've spent the weekend in my jams and it's been just awesome.

Tuned my dulcimer . . . and popped two strings, thankfully on two different notes  :-D  For those of you not in the know, each note has two strings, so I can still play while waiting to catch up with my teacher to get a couple new ones  :-)

Had an awesome first lesson with my new pipe teacher - and found some things that need to be corrected.  The Canmore bag has lived its life and now has a leak.  I ordered a new bag - a hide one, which will be very different for me, and very interesting.  In addition, I'm making the change from cane reeds to synthetics.  Although my last teacher was a purist in this regard, I've decided that I need an instrument I can actually play, rather than fight with on a daily basis.  So, some reeds are on their way, too. 

Yesterday the power went out in the neighborhood.  ComEd said it was a blown fuse.  They were out on the double to fix it, and it happened to be right behind my house.  Since the power came back on, I have had Internet with no disruptions.  I don't know what's up with that.  And then I attempted to watch the Sox game today (Sox lose  :-(  ), and the telly tiled so badly in the wind that any remaining misgivings about cancelling my service left me immediately.

And I made a decision.  I decided that it probably was not realistic to think that I could do without telly for any great length of time - and so, I'm getting DirecTV.  I had it in SoCal many years ago and remember that I liked it.  It's much cheaper than cable.  AND they bundle Internet through AT&T, so I should have high speed access again at home in a week or two :-)

In the mean time - I'm hanging in here.  You may not see a post for a bit, but don't worry, I'll be back as soon as I'm able  :-)

Comments

Popular Posts