TV Free

Alrighty then. 

I cancelled my Comcast service as of April 16th - and AT&T said they can't come this Saturday.  I don't have another Saturday until May . . . so, rather than prevail upon my eternally patient cousin once again, I've decided to skip telly and Internet at home altogether for awhile. 

I have my hotspot and iPad, so I'll be able to check email and Ravelry and, of couse, blog.  I'm going to see how it goes.  I'll likely sign up with AT&T at some point, but I remember living in SoCal without cable for a few months and I loved it.  I can keep up with certain shows on On Demand online on my iPad if I really want to see them.

I'm already thinking about all the extra time I'm going to have  :-)  Since I'm about to start playing my bagpipes seriously again, I think this could be pretty amazing.  I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news of the day - bread makes you sleepy.  And bloated.  Guess I won't be having it as often as in the past.  Still, doing without it wasn't best for me either.  I had some today and my gut flora must be back on the case because I didn't have any issues like I had Sunday and yesterday.  It's just so interesting to me that my body makes it very clear what's best for it - if I will only listen.

Balance.  It's all about balance. 

And yes, you heard me.  I have a new bagpipe teacher.  I'm very very excited and happy about this  :-)

Comments

Linda said…
And you also have lots of stuff you can watch on DVD, right? How does OnDemand work? Don't you need an account with Comcast/Xfinity for it to work?

So you're going to be learning the hammered dulcimer and working on your piping at the same time, eh. That's amazing. As a person with no musical talent, I am in awe.
Michelle said…
I could easily live without TV. We don't have cable or satellite, and about the only thing I watch on network TV is the news - and occasionally a dancing survivor show. Too many other things to do!

And YAY! Blogger reinstalled a comments follow-up button!
A :-) said…
Yes, Linda - I have plenty of DVDs and Netflix. I checked on the AT&T website last night, and it didn't seem to need an account, but I could be wrong.

I'm thinking that if I can get reception through the air on the basement telly, then that might be all I need for the present. It will mean no telly in the sunroom, but that's OK.

Been thinking about all the books I will catch up with and all the practice time I will have on two instruments :-) Truthfully, I have not been playing the dulcimer much recently, but it's there, waiting :-).

My first lesson with my new piping teacher is tonight! I'm really excited!!
A :-) said…
Michelle - I did without for a number of months when I was first in SoCal and I didn't miss it at all.

I will likely spring for high speed internet again, though. It has been supremely irritating to not have reliable online access at home, even with the hotspot and iPad.
If you just want basic network TV you could also buy one of thoese digital boxes. That way your reception will be better and you will get a few extra channels.

Popular Posts