24-Hour Bug . . .

I'm home sick again today - something similar to what I had about a month ago.  A 24-hour bug of some sort, I think.  After a night of fever, chills, pain, and no sleep, I decided to stay home today. 

Here is something to brighten the day:

Monday:



Tuesday!!!   I turned it around so the other blossoms would get the sun and we could really see the blossom  :-)


And Today!



Not really sure what's going on with the other blossom stalks - they aren't spiking up, and now some of the strappy leaves have fallen over on them.  I guess we'll wait and see - but at least there is this beautiful one  :-)

And here is another thing to make the day bright.  Goofy song.  Been in my head for about a week now  :-)


Comments

Michelle said…
Oh, glorious red!!!

FWIW, I read somewhere once that there are no 24-hour "bugs;" viruses and bacteria don't cycle that quickly. The author's assertion was that 24-hour disturbances are food-related, i.e. mild cases of food "poisoning."
Anonymous said…
That's a very interesting observation. I heard on a PBS special that Alzheimer's is type 3 diabetes. Scary that food can cause such severe problems. I guess that old adage of you are what you eat has sincere meaning. And it seems that sugar is the culprit. Really makes me back off from using sugar. I have a very bad sweet tooth and it's hard to stay away from desserts and candy, but this is a sure incentive to eat a whole lot better.

Janice H.
Michelle said…
I hear you on the sugar! I do think refined sugar is a deadly evil AND addictive, but I also have a bad sweet tooth (addiction?) and it is HARD.
candy said…
Hope you feel better soon! Love the red :)
Anonymous said…
The amaryllis is beautiful, Annie! It's been fun watching it's day-to- day growth. I lost my amaryllis. My only thought is that it was old, so it's been fun to watch yours grow vicariously. I love the red and also the "doubleness" of the flower petals. Mine have always been a single petal.

And thanks for taking me back in time with the song. Funny how a song will pop into your head for no apparent reason. I've been like that with "Can't Smile Without You" lately. There isn't anyone I can't smile without so I have no idea why that keeps playing in my mind!!

Janice H.

Popular Posts