A Field Report . . .

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday.  That means that I've made it through Lent.  I was not successful with my food goal, but I was successful staying off of Facebook.  In years past I had to go online every Sunday to upload an episode of my podcast and ignore everything else.  I did not have that challenge this year, so I've been off of Facebook completely since Ash Wednesday.

It's clear to me that Facebook doesn't ever think that anyone will be off of Facebook for any extended period of time.  For weeks I have been getting the same email from them with the following subject:
You have 99 new notifications, 3 messages and 1 like on post you were tagged in.
:-D  Clearly they never figured that anyone would be off long enough to roll into three digits of notifications!

I'll be checking in tomorrow - but this has given me a really good break.  I don't really miss it all that much, actually, so I don't think I will be spending as much time on it as I used to.  This break has also given me the opportunity to further curate my feed and what appears there on a daily basis - a process that I started not all that long after the podcast ended this past November.

The Budget.  Things are going well here - I have slipped away a bit from the envelope method - it was extremely helpful in the beginning to get me back on a more focused path.  I'm very careful now about spending, and it's a rare occasion when I buy something that is not necessary.  I've definitely spent more on my food budget.  Taking my lunch every day has proved to be challenging and I do find myself eating out a little more than it optimal at lunch times.  I'm going to be working on that further.

The WIPs.  I have only two sweaters left on the needles, and two pairs of socks.  I did cast on for the second sock of Fly Away Home, and I hope to finish that this weekend.  I've made good progress here!!  And I've made good progress on this second sock.  I'm on the fifth pattern repeat on the cuff, and will start the heel flap shortly.  I continued the pattern on the front of the sock only to the end of the gusset, and then it's straight stockinette the rest of the way.  I will be glad to have these finished  :-)


The Amaryllis.  The blooms have not lasted long, I'm afraid.  The first blossom is already faded while the third is just opening up.  None of the other bud stalks ever shot up, so that's a bit disappointing, but so it goes.  At least I got one stalk for my efforts  :-)


This morning I'm headed off to my accountant for my annual tax appointment.  Crossing my fingers for some money back.  I really need to buy a new computer.

That's the news from The Third Coast this morning  :-)

Comments

Popular Posts