Spring . . .

Lots of brand new baby lambs at my friend, Michelle's, farm!!  Yay!!

And this morning - in the early dark - when I went outside to place my Fed-Ex package on the porch for pick-up, it was a symphony of birdsong.  I stood for a bit, out there in my pajamas, and just listened.

Spring is here . . .

When you have about 40 minutes, enjoy this, from my favorite composer, in its original score and original purpose.  Appalachian Spring was written as chamber music for a Martha Graham ballet.  She's the one who named the piece, not Copland.  Here's a good article about it if you're interested.  Can't even tell you how much I love that Martha Graham was 50 when she choreographed and originally danced the Bride.  I love it even more, that - in the version below - filmed for telly in 1958, she was 64.  Yup . . .

Part 1



Part 2



Part 3


Part 4


Have a beautiful day  :-)

Comments

Popular Posts