Honest Scrap . . .


Michelle at Boulderneigh nominated me for the Honest Scrap Award. Thank you. I think :-D

The rules state: "When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

Michelle – as she often does, switched around the rules to suit herself – so I’m not necessarily brilliant (although of course I like to think so :-D), but I’m honest. Here’s what she says on her blog:

“Finding the tone of the rules rather irreverent, I don't feel bad about modifying them a bit to suit my fancy. Since it IS called the Honest Scrap Award, I thought it more fitting to nominate bloggers who come across as honest rather than brilliant (not that these blogs aren't also brilliant, or that the blogs I don't nominate aren't honest!). The . . .bloggers tell it all, the good and the bad, yet don't leave you feeling down and depressed with their "realness:"


So – I’m real. And, in truth, I think that’s quite accurate. I’m about as real as they come . :-) And Michelle, I appreciate that you noticed :-)

I’m going with 6 brilliant bloggers. Here they are and here’s what I love about them and their blogs

Jarlady at Willow Way Knitting – she does it all! Knits, spins (one of my best students!), cooks (Calico Beans, people!!) and she’s just an all-around great person.

Kris at Knifty Red – So talented. This artist has the perfect eye for color and style. We both love cables of any sort in a sweater (or glove, or hat, or – well, you get the picture) – she even cables without a cable needle! She’s also the fastest knitter I know.

Sarah at Eat My Oxygen (and Perfect Day Yarns) – Sarah's blog always makes me laugh. What could be better than that? :-) I love to read about her family and what hilarious thing her kids have done or said.

Pat at Not Now, I’m Counting!!! – Fabulous photos, amazing sense of design and style, and I wish I was as tall as she is!

Knitterary at Knitterary – A quick witted, fabulous knitter – I don’t know anyone who is as good at stranded colorwork as she is. Words and yarn are her weapons of choice and she wields them both expertly. Oh, and she throws one hell of a party!

Dixie at Dixie Peach – An ex-pat living in Germany. I love to read about her experiences (reminds me of my years in Heidelberg), and I copied off her paper for my “Necco Wafer Socks.”

And finally – 10 honest things about me – Hmmmm, I’m giving you 11 to make up for only having 6 bloggers.

Here we go . . .

1. I am a first-generation American.
2. I consider myself the luckiest woman in the world.
3. Among my friends I'm often thought of as a trend setter.
4. I’m a glass-half-full kind of gal.
5. I don’t miss the theatre, but I really miss singing professionally.
6. I wish I was home enough to have a dog. Or two.
7. I have a great heart that loves without reservation.
8. I have been present at the moment of death more than once. It changes you.
9. There is ink on my body.
10. I am the strongest woman I know.
11. I’m a really good kisser ;-)

This was fun - thank you again, Michelle. I'm so glad you enjoy my blog :-)

Comments

Michelle said…
This is the part I love -- reading other people's responses to the lists these awards often "require." Now I like your attitude even more! :-)

Popular Posts