Sleepyhead . . .

I was up too late last night, so no walking for me this morning :-( I left PT, and I had to go to the Jewel. There was no food in the house. By the time I was done there, it was already 9 (my normal bedtime so I can get up and walk early), and I still hadn't had dinner. I don't like to eat that late, but I was really hungry, and once you eat, you kind of have to stay up a little while to let the food digest. Oh well. Poor planning on my part, but it was par for the course yesterday.

I'm closing on my mom's old condo this week - finally it will be going to someone who will live there and hopefully enjoy it. It's been quite the saga in this housing market - I listed it last July and am selling it for far less than it's worth, but it's done. Unfortunately, my realtor forgot to advise me about all the hoops you have to jump through to transfer a property in the village where it's located - until last Monday. So, for the past week, I've been scrambling to get everything done (inspections, certifications, transfer stamps, certificate of occupancy - the list goes on and on). Thankfully I've had help from my cousin so I didn't have to take days off for all of it. I'm so grateful to her.

Everything came to a head yesterday - it was a day from hell - probably had its own RING in hell - so it was no real surprise that I was at the grocery store at 9 o'clock at night. Geez. But it's done now, and everything is in place to close on Thursday. At least from my end.

I have one more night of PT for my shoulder on Wednesday - and I'm really ready to be done. It will free up a lot of time for me. Shoulder isn't 100%, but it's good, and I know what to do to keep it good :-) Yay!!! I've been going every Monday and Wednesday evenings for more than two months now, and I would like to have some time for other stuff, so I'm looking forward to being done. :-)

Lovely weekend here in Chicagoland! Saturday was a quick trip to the Bluesfest, downtown, and then Linda the Chicken Lady came over on Sunday and we hung out on my deck and in the gazebo. Finally, a few days warm enough to do that - we've been having an unseasonably cool summer this year. I guess to go along with our unseasonably brutal winter.

On Sunday I started on a pair of socks that I actually frogged - they are a gift, so I won't post too much yet, but they had a lace pattern on the calf and I just didn't like it - so, Whoosh! Gone! I restarted with plain stockinette around the panels of stitchwork and they look MUCH better. I'm doing an eye of partridge heel this time - really pretty.



So, how 'bout it? I FINALLY finished this Clapotis. It's two skeins of Great Adirondack Silky Sock in the Copper colorway. I actually finished it in April, finally did the minimal finish work in May, and got it blocked at the very beginning of June - never got a chance to photo it until this weekend!


These were taken out on the sunny deck on Sunday. Linda dozed in the hammock and I relaxed in my mom's old rocker in the gazebo. What a fun afternoon!



Here's another outdoor photo - of my latest socks! These are the Horcrux Socks in fingering weight yarn. The yarn is Bellamoden in the Oh My Pumpkin Pie colorway. Based on the pattern and gauge, I cast on 70 stitches for the larger size - and it was huge. But, rather than frog it, after the "scar," I decreased down to the the smaller 60 stitches, and continued. The cuffs are a little baggy, but not much, and they look like they were meant to be that way :-D I liked this pattern and would definitely do it again - it's one that actually looks good for hand-painted yarns.

I'm itching to spin some of that silk I got in Boulder . . . I'll let you know how it goes.

That's the news from The Third Coast :-)

Comments

Michelle said…
I want to see the Clapotis ON! I've just started the pattern on my second pair of socks (for ME!). After I finish these, I think I'll be ready for the lovely yarn you sent me. Oh, and you've been prized with “Honest Weblog.” Come on over to Boulderneigh to pick it up.

Popular Posts