PatsyZ to the Rescue!

So, my friend and teacher, PatsyZ, suggested that I re-skein the moderately felted silk/merino. As usual, she knows what to do in any fiber emergency! Yay!

Here are three of the six skeins. The top two are how they dried, and the bottom one has been re-skeined. It will be a time-consuming process. It took about 30 or 40 minutes to wind it off the swift by hand onto the niddy-noddy, but the results are quite worth it. That's about 193 yards in the bottom skein. I have the original numbers - 1250 yards/pound, so when I finish everything up, I'll see if I can figure out what shrinkage might have occurred.

Here is a close up of the two skeins. You can click to biggify. The color of both of these photos has been adjusted, trying to get a closer approximation of the beautiful golden color.

I'm way happier now - thank you Patsy :-)

And sorry, Yarnsnob, this silk's staying with me ;-D

Comments

Michelle said…
I'm so glad there was a fix for your beautiful yarn!

Popular Posts