Zucchini 1: Banana Zip

So - there's a loaf of zucchini bread in the freezer and one partially eaten one in the fridge. There was success yesterday with quick breads. But geez - I am reminded of why I didn't do this for a long time. Zucchini bread is deadly good . . . yeah, I ate way more than my share, and had a couple of slices for breakfast today!

This, coupled with my not being able to walk on the treadmill right now does not bode well for the size of my ass. :-D

I'm still struggling with plantar fasciitis, and have realized that walking on the treadmill is not helping. So, my feet are getting a serious rest, I'm still taking lots of Advil (note to self: Please do not forget to take your Advil . . . you know what happens when you do that . . . ), and I know that eventually they will be OK again. I'm not interested in cortisone injected into my heels, thank you very much. Some people say they work. Some say they don't. ALL people say they are screamingly painful (not for me, thank you very much). So the universe is teaching me patience in a very graphic and immediate way . . .

I'll be back on the bike tomorrow - I was giving my spine a rest. I twisted on the plane home last week and aggravated my ruptured disks. It's always amazing to me how fragile we humans really are . . . So, been practicing radical self-care this last week in particular :-)

The yellow dying class up at The Fold was wonderful - a very nice, small group of students - we had a great time. Everything is rinsed and finished and drying on the floor of the guest room and I'm looking forward to next month's indigo class.

I'm also still looking for the camera battery charger . . .

Still a ton of snow on the ground here - I keep hoping it's going to melt soon.

I pulled out my Lendrum yesterday and started on a bump of fiber that came from my friend, Michelle at Boulderneigh. It's beautiful - from her ram, Braveheart. I spun half of it, and will finish up the other half this week and ply. Good for me to get my hands on the wheel again - I'm headed for the Missouri Fiber Retreat in a few weeks! Yay!

Oh, just in case you wanted to know - Smuckers makes an organic preserve without HFCS. Heinz makes organic ketchup less the HFCS. It's just a matter of reading the labels (and paying a little more, I guess) - and if anyone knows a bran that can be used for making bran muffins, please advise, because the All Bran I used to use has HFCS in it and you already know how I feel about that . . .

Comments

Michelle said…
I'm glad you're enjoying Braveheart and sorry to hear of the physical problems. I'm back on the treadmill with no problems except tiredness; it is not helping the size of MY ass yet but know I am healthier for it.

And dear, bran muffins are MUCH cheaper and have NO HFCS if you just use plain wheat bran, not cereal! Email me if you need a recipe....
Linda said…
I noticed that All Bran has HFCS in it, too, but I figure I'm going to be consuming some HFCS unless I ONLY eat stuff made from scratch by me, so...I just bought the All Bran and made some muffins with it. I don't eat muffins very often, anyway.

As for baking, I should show you the Mother Earth News from a month or two ago that has recipes for homemade yeast breads that are super easy. I do love my bread machine, but I'm tempted to try those recipes some day soon.
candy said…
I had a cortisone shot in my wrist once. It did get better after that, but I don't ever want another one.

Popular Posts