WW Week 16

Alrighty then.  I did, eventually, look at my number last week and I was up 4.2 pounds.  Not surprising as I did some emotional eating (old habits die hard . . . ).  This week didn't start off too well either.  I ate more than I should (more emotional eating) and I didn't track well.  Not off to a good start at all.

I course corrected on Wednesday. 

As mentioned elsewhere, although I am not Catholic, I am of a faith that observes the season of Lent.  I had a few ideas about what I wanted to give up, but, in the end, I narrowed it down to one this year.  What you give up is supposed to be challenging.  Not impossible, but challenging.  I always say that it builds character  :-)

What did I give up?  My Weekly Points.

Yeah. 

WPs are optional.  You don't have to eat them.  I usually do eat them - usually all of them - sometimes more than all of them.  This will definitely be challenging for me.  I thought it through, though, and decided that giving up my WPs encompassed everything I am working toward. 

Here's the deal.  Eat my 31 daily points.  No weekly points.  If I earn Activity Points, I can eat those.  That's it.

I will get smaller.  I will eat more vegetables because if I don't, I'm going to be a hungry beotch within about four days.  I will have to cook more, so I will get more variety.  I will pretty much have to bring my lunch so I will save money.  I will get more exercise because it will mean I can eat a little more.  It's a win all the way around.

And then, in my meeting yesterday morning, a Lifetime Member described her journey by saying she was on a mission.  That really resonated with me. 

I'm on a mission. 

And that, of course, gave me a Blues Brothers moment:


So with the Peter Gunn theme rolling around in my head, I'm on a mission.  :-)  I set my tracker to use my APs first.  If I go over a little on my Daily Points, I'll know I have to get some additional exercise to make up for it.

I had a significant gain last week.  This week, I had an even more significant loss.  This is something that my body does - big leaps up and down.  Even though I'm used to it, it's still a little freaky when it happens  :-)


Here's the check in:

Weight: - 6.6
 Daily Points:  31
Weekly Points:  49 (ate ?)
Activity Points:  0 (ate 0)

Comments

Popular Posts