Is This a Thing Now?

I think my neighbor spray-painted her yews.

I'm not kidding.


She has them cut into all sort of topiary shapes all over the front of her house (which is beautifully kept, BTW - it's way nicer than the front of my house), but this past week I noticed that all her yews were super bright.  Unnaturally bright.  I mean, look at that one on the left and then see a regular yew hedge on the right.  You can even see the undersides of her yews are the normal color - it's just the top halves that have been painted.

Alrighty then.

:-D

In the excellent news category, is the light curtain!  This photo shows the lights with which I replaced my former star light curtains.  The old ones lasted for about 13 years and the bulbs were supposed to be replaceable, but I could never replace one successfully, so when too many strings had gone, I looked for new ones.  They had come from IKEA, but IKEA stopped carrying them years ago.  These were the closest I could come to replacement star lights.  All of the original windows on the north side of the house are these super tall ones.  The replacement lights only went halfway down.  This is in the dining room.


Next is my kitchen window with the new starlight curtain.  You can see that the strings go all the way down - you can see the bottom star peeking out the bottom.  In fact, they probably go one too far for the shutters in the dining and living rooms, but since they are LEDs, I think they will be OK to rest on the sill.  It's also possible that I can get them to pop out the bottom for some mood lighting in those rooms  :-D 

There is some reflection on the glass so it kind of hard to see the stars, but I like them.  A lot.  :-)


 Once I get the light curtains on the other four windows hung, I'll know better how they will look and work, but I like them so much better than the half curtain replacements I've used for the last two years (I think it's two years).  I'm going to save the old ones, though - you never know when you might have a normal sized window that needs something festive  :-)

I saw Any Trouble in Germany when they opened for Joan Armatrading.  They were awesome.  I have no idea why they never hit it big.


Comments

Popular Posts