Seasons Change . . .

Why do the weekends go so fast?  Seriously.  Why?

I guess it was because I was busy all day Saturday, but I really feel like I didn't get a weekend.  But I did - because, as previously mentioned - I got a lot of work done on the potting bench yesterday.  The plants thanked me this morning  :-) 

I wish I could have gotten some photos of the trees near my home on Saturday - they were at peak color and it was glorious.  But I did get a photo or two out at Starved Rock.


A number of people have died at the park this year - because they didn't stay on the trails.  The bluffs are dangerous.


Here is another view.


It's a long way down, and this location isn't even one of the highest.  

The contrast between these trees was stunning.  


I got these few photos on my way in to the meeting.  By the time I left to head home, though, the rain was coming down in buckets.  There was a lot of wind with the storm.  This morning, my front lawn was carpeted with leaves:


The true harbinger of the change of seasons in Chicagoland arrived on Friday.  I saw some structural frameworks starting that day and wondered if it was going to be a Halloween structure, which the City has done occasionally in the past.  But no - 


On my way to work this morning, the unmistakable red and white roofs of the annual Kristkindlemarkt stalls were evident in Daley Plaza.  (In English it's Kristkindle Market.)  It opens on November 15th.  I love to go every year at least once, to get some German candy (mostly for gifts - but some for me, too  ;-) ), a good bratwurst, and some latkes - with applesauce and sour cream.  It always reminds me of when I lived in Germany.  :-) 

This Friday is the third arm of the kidney stone study.  I start eating study food tomorrow.  This time, I will have a high-sodium diet.  The food will be the same, but I will have to drink Herb-Ox bullion at every meal as well as the study meds.  My results are in at Litholink for my next visit with Dr. Coe, the kidney expert.  They will be released to me on the website tomorrow.  I was hoping for today.  But it will be tomorrow.  I'm nervous to see my results because I haven't been on the potassium citrate because of the medical study.  But, it's not like it will be the last collection I do.  I think I will have to be doing them for the rest of my life.

I never know the week will hold, so I'm sharing this annual tune now - as the seasons change . . . 



Comments

Michelle said…
Last weekend was the tipping point between peak fall colors and fall 'falling' here, too. Rather amazing, when our locales are so far apart, that they were on the same schedule!
A :-) said…
Agreed. Maybe we are on a similar latitude.

Popular Posts