Rhythm . . .

I've spent some time this fall attempted to get into the rhythm of things.  Or the swing of things.  Or just things.  But mostly, it's the rhythm of things - probably too many things . . .  I worked very hard in September to begin a meditation practice again (I do find it quite helpful).  And I've been trying to read in the mornings.  And exercise in the mornings.  And also to write in the mornings.

And the long story short of this, is that - apparently - I am not Wonder Woman.

Dammit.

So some mornings there is reading.  Some mornings there is writing of some sort, and some mornings there is exercise, and still other mornings there is some form of meditation.  For now, that's what I have time for.  ONE thing.  Not four things every morning.  Oh - and these things do not even take into consideration the mornings where I cook, or do a load of laundry before heading into the city.  So it goes. 

But today it's Saturday and I have managed to get into the rhythm of a few things around here.  Here is the rhythm of my backyard this morning:


It was so pretty that I had to share it with you.  My maple has continued to grow well, and the south side of it has begun to change into its fall splendor. 

I was out in the backyard because I finally got a cover for the gazebo furniture.


I bunched it all together, measured as best I could, and took my chances that that cover would fit . . . 


 It did, but I wasn't able to pull the cable around the bottom very well.  Since this is inside the gazebo and not completely out in the wind and weather, I'm hoping it will be OK like this.  


Now that I have done it, I think it's actually a 2-person job, which reminds me of the time my cousins asked me to come over and help them put a new cover on their gazebo frame and when we finished they told me the directions said it was a 6-person job.  So, I apparently am the equivalent of half of however many people are required to do any given job.  :-D 

I got a few other things from Plow & Hearth, one of which is this rug, which I love more than I can say.  It's 2' x 3 1/2'.  It's washable, but not in the machine.  Thankfully I don't think it will show much dirt  ;-)


I also got these:


They are not exactly the same as my old star lights that IKEA quit carrying, but I'm going to see if I like them better than the replacements I currently have, which look like this:


At least the new ones will fill most of the windows instead of only half.  I will report back!

On Friday, I participated in the second of four arms of the kidney stone medical study.  My IV made it through all nine blood draws this time.  This was great because last time I had to have a second IV put in my elbow at round 3 because it clogged and would not clear.  I really wanted to knit, so I was super-glad that this one held out through the entire study. 


I worked on my Banstead.  I got the sleeves finished and all the parts joined to work on the yoke.  I got about 4 inches done on the yoke.  This is the Banstead Pullover.  Am still crossing my fingers that I'll have enough yarn.  I love this Remix yarn.


Speaking of yarn, this yarn showed up yesterday from Leading Men Fiber Arts.  I got it for the Sandhill County Shawl, which is the 2019 Project Peace pattern.  It's gorgeous stuff, isn't it?  I love their colorways. 


I think having yesterday afternoon after the study to kick back really gave me the focus I needed to get some things accomplished today.  I often need much of my Saturdays to recoup from the workweek, but having yesterday afternoon made a big difference for me.  So, I also decided that I really should get the shower rack put together and set up today.  It's been sitting for well over a month - when Linda the Chicken Lady came to visit, she got to use the new shower but the rack was just sitting in the front hall . . . What can I say?  I'm not always Johnny on the spot, but this morning seemed like a good time to attempt this.

It did not go well. 


JesusMaryandJoseph.  Seriously?!  Once I figured it out - the directions were actually pretty good - it became more of a balancing act than anything else.  But it's done.  And finally everything pertaining to the gut renovation of the guest bath is complete.  Except for new towels.  I'm thinking about new towels that are not white.


I really love how this bathroom turned out.  I think that I am a good tile picker (if I do say so myself).  You can just see the stone tile I used for the shower pan, and I've always wanted a rainwater shower.

Please say a prayer that that tension rod holds.

:-D

Sure I've shared this before, but this song is just in my head today . . .


Comments

Michelle said…
Love that song, too. Glad you've had a productive day – they do wonders for the psyche!
A :-) said…
I really did have a super productive day yesterday! :-)

Popular Posts