128:365 One Down, One to Go

This is one of what will be a pair. The mate is on the needles now. I knit these from some of my own handspun. I put a pretty high twist in both the singles and the ply, but still it's fuzzing a bit where the cables are the tightest.

The pattern is well-written and also charted, which makes it a pleasure to knit up, and I've been looking for something to make with this handspun - I didn't have quite enough for a pair of socks, but plenty for mitts. :-)

The fiber was pencil roving - an 80/20 (I think) superwash wool and nylon (for strength - as it was meant to be socks). I spun it worsted on my Lendrum folding wheel.

I'm part of an online knitting/fiber community called Ravelry, where I am a moderator of a group called "Year of Stash Socks." We knit socks (and sometimes mittens/fingerless mitts) each month. These mitts are one of the patterns for May, called "Gloriously Cabled Mitts."

Comments

I love the glove it is gorgeous.
A :-) said…
Thanks!! I'm well into the second one now :-)

Popular Posts