Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Like a Lion . . .

Let's hope that March goes out like a lamb :-) I experienced my first Nor'easter this weekend. I was in Connecticut and the storm dumped snow all over the Eastern Seaboard, with about a foot or so where I was. Still, my plane was one of the only ones that left Hartford yesterday - very close to on-time, and we arrived early back in Chicagoland!


Great vacation!! Yay!!

So, here's St. Patrick. It's looking a little lumpy, but I'm a kindy lumpy, I guess, and I have another shirt on under it, it had just survived a long flight, and a lot of time in the car including a long car ride to the shore, and it got a lot of wear this last week on vacation.

How brave am I to put a photo of my ass on the Internet?! Something I'm sure I'll regret in the future, but I thought you'd like to see the back. This is a great sweater. It's way warm. The sleeves are having a little tendency to stretch, which is no problem since all you have to do is cuff them. Problem solved. And really, better have them a little long than look like Ichabod Crane in them. I'm glad I added a little length in the body (my body is long). I love the yarn - I'm also using it, in blue, for St. Brigid. I can see me wearing this sweater a LOT. A really lot.

St. Patrick, by Lisa Lloyd, from, A Fine Fleece.
Queensland Kathmandu Aran
Size Large

More about my trip later because I have to get ready to go to work - suffice it to say that was great :-)

New month, new photo :-) That's me, no makeup, happy as can be, on vacation. Photo taken at Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale at the shore. Big Fun. Great Food. :-D

5 comments:

The Knitted Squirrel said...

OMG! The sweater is Beautiful! It looks GREAT! You did well.

Kris said...

Wow. That is gorgeous A! Congrats on finishing it and wearing it on vacation... I think that gets triple points;)

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

I am SO impressed. That is a LOT of cables!

Knitterary said...

It's magnificent!

Kristi said...

Great looking sweater! You did a fantastic job. Will we get to see at Spring Fling?