Yay!

Can I just say how fun it is to have another project off the needles? Yay!!

Here they are, the Spring Forward socks. I copied off of Dixie Peach on these - she made them first, in the same yarn, same colorway, and I fell in love with them. Even better, I had the same yarn in the same colorway in my stash!!! Woo Hoo!!

The yarn is Austermann Step. The colorway is 02, or as Dixie called it, "Necco Wafer." If you never had any Necco Wafers, please to go the candy aisle at Walgreens as soon as possible and get some. They are totally these colors and they are very yummy!

I'm really happy with how these socks turned out, particularly as they had a rough start. And, bonus!! because as KniftyRed likes to say, they are "matchy matchy."

Yay again!

I started these before my decision not to use variegated yarns for patterned socks any longer. Bonus #2: The color repeats were big enough that you can actually SEE the pattern.

Yay AGAIN!!! :-D

This was quite a knit. I started them originally in September 2008, and found after having knit to the heel on the first one that it was too tight. No width-wise stretch in this lace pattern as written (a common occurrence). There was also a knot in the yarn and the colorway didn't pick up again in the right spot - so I frogged and started over. (See, I have frogged before :-) see previous post.) Spring Forward has an 11-stitch pattern repeat, and no convenient purl stitches in between (great for adding width). So, I made the repeat a 13-stitch repeat, and hoped for the best.

I cast on 68 stitches on two circulars (34 on each), skipped the KTB ribbing (it biases horribly for me) for regular 1x1, and then increased 10 stitches (5 a side) in the first row of the pattern and got started. At the heel, I decreased five stitches and when picking up the front back up, I decreased 4, taking the pattern back down to its original 11-stitch repeat. I decreased the final stitch on the front when I finished the pattern repeats, leaving me with my standard 32 stitches on each needle, and a regular old toe to do.

Worked like a charm :-) Yay!!

Comments

Yarnsnob said…
I think you and I are the only ones who love Necco wafers.
Michelle said…
It is dawning on me finally what a knitting genius you are. I am not fit to read your blog . . . but I will! hee!
They look great! You always knit perfect looking socks!
Dixie said…
Most. Awesome. Socks. EVER! They're beautiful! Beautiful! I like mine but yours turned out better. Mine don't match at all (matching for me is always a coincidence) and seeing yours match impresses me no end.

Love how you made them wider. I'm going to try it myself when I knit a pair for myself.

Pat yourself on the back for doing a fabulous job!

Popular Posts