So, How Was It?

How was the day of my own?

Well, is was pretty great!  The weather was not all that cooperative, so initial outdoor plans changed to indoor, but I got a great deal accomplished and enjoyed myself in the process.

Before I report on my progress - wanted to share the great stuff I picked up last Saturday on my trip to meet my friend, P, out at The Fold for a wonderful day of yarn, catching up with Toni (owner of The Fold), and the best cheeseburger I've had in I don't even know how long  :-D


Color choices are no surprise to anyone who knows me  :-D  The Opal is for some boot socks, probably the Zugspitze pattern.  The book has a pattern that the other yarns are for:  Quaking Aspen Cowl.  The pattern calls for worsted weight - I'm planning on holding the yarn double throughout.

Here's an update on yesterday's progress!

Here is what my list looked like:
  • Screen Door Windows
  • Second Chance Shop
  • Tai Chi
  • Run dish washer
  • Clear the bar in the kitchen
  • Guest Room . . .
  • Check on Magill Cup (this is for the Illinois African violet show and it's in a box in my front hall)
  • Ace Hardware - Tubes and washers, no ice melter
  • Clean out the Garage - called on account of rain and damp cold
  • Car Wash? - called on account of rain
  • Shred Papers
  • Office . . .
  • Read 2 issues of Guideposts
  • Yard Cleanup? - called on account of rain and damp cold
  • Present wrapping
  • Water all Plants
  • Fix Toilet Seat
  • Replace bulbs in Basement

Tai Chi was not in the park - as I was getting ready to leave, the heavens opened up and I got a text from my Sensei to meet at the studio instead.  This was a great because since we were inside, I brought my sword and we got extra sword practice in!  Yay!  Plus we ran form at the end and it was pretty much a perfect way to start the morning.

Three things were called on account of rain, but this was a pretty big list so I didn't mind scratching those items.

I had put the bags for the Second Chance Shop in the car before I left the house.  The studio is literally right behind the Second Chance Shop, so it was an easy around the corner to drop off the bags, and the Ace Hardware is right next door to the Second Chance Shop!  I was able to pick up some fluorescent tubes, and some rubber washers to attempt to keep the toilet seat from sliding around.  Seriously, I've never had a toilet seat do this before  :-D   No ice melter yet - I'll have to make another trip in another week or so.

Discovered, unfortunately, that something is actually wrong with the light fixture I bought the tubes for,  It;s probably just the ballast, but I can't see any way to check it so I'll have to get the electrician in.  :-S  But, all the plants are watered, and the Guest Room is back in some semblance of order.  The kitchen bar is close enough to clear that I'm calling it!

I also started watching Shetland from the beginning, and it makes me want to move to the Hebrides. I didn't get in two issues of Guideposts, but I got through catalogs and a few other old magazines.  I don't always read everything cover to cover like I do Guideposts, but I go through each one and if there are articles I want to read, I read them. 

Today has dawned rainy again.  I'm going to see about accomplishing a few more things on the list, and I'm going to sing in the choir this morning.  I'm not all that excited about that . . . We'll see how it goes.  In other news, shredding papers is really quite high on the list for today.  :-D

I am grateful for structure in my life. I roll much better when I have it/build it in my days.


In case you didn't know - Ed Sheeran wrote this, and the original lyric wasn't "love."  ;-)

Comments

candy said…
Looks like a good day!

Popular Posts