Wake! Up!

I take a commuter train in to the city every day.  During rush hour it's about a 40-minute ride.  Not surprisingly, people often fall asleep on the ride.  I've fallen asleep on the ride.

There's one conductor who gives the usual arrival spiel as we're leaving Van Buren Street heading for the main terminal, which is the end of the line.  He's talking and then he says quite loudly, "It's time to WAKE! UP!"

:-D

This is how I felt this morning - I'm still waking at around 3:00 - 3:30 most days and then struggling to get back to sleep.  I finally do get back to sleep, and then I often don't even hear the radio that clicks on just before 5 until about 5:30.  That's what it was like this morning - and then it just takes me some time to come fully awake.  I wasn't able to get out of bed until 6 this morning.  An entire hour later than usual. 

So it goes.  I managed to get up and get my Morning Pages written. 

Yesterday was a relatively productive day.  Half the shredding is done.  OMG how is there so much of it?!

I made two lasagnas yesterday.  For the first time I used tomato sauce that had no salt added!  Yay!  You can't tell the difference.  I'm going to have lasagna for breakfast (I like dinner food for breakfast).  I also whipped up a batch of Penzey Spices' Green Goddess dressing.  I make it with the fresh plain Greek yogurt that I get at my local fresh market.  I add some Miracle Whip and a little bit of white vinegar.  The only salt or sugar is in the Miracle Whip and I don't use all that much of it - mostly it's just to thin it out a bit. 

At my work there is a deli in the lobby.  They have a vegetarian sandwich that's quite good, but the sodium in the bread they use is very high.  I get the sandwich without tomatoes and without mayo, but I've been asking for a small thing of Ranch dressing to put on it.  It's pretty much a Salad Sandwich, and a great way to get what my family calls Stealth Vegetables  :-D  However, the Ranch dressing - all dressings, really - is extremely high in sodium.  So, I've had the Penzey's blend hanging around for awhile.  I figured if I took my own bread, and brought my own dressing, it would be a better choice for me.  It went pretty well - but the Green Goddess is still a little thick - I need to think of a way to thin it a bit more.  If I wasn't lactose intolerant I'd use milk.  I wonder if I could put some flax milk in it?  Probably not.

Some days NaBloPoMo seems really, really arbitrary . . .

Tonight I had a chance to catch up with an old friend.  Such a gift. 




Comments

sprite said…
I love transit drivers/staff with personality! So much better than the automated voice D.C. is trying to switch over to.

Popular Posts