Time . . .

I am grateful for time.

I really am. 

We switched back to Standard time here in the Midwest yesterday.  "Fall back."  Like  falling back into a pile of leaves.  :-)  It's been many years since leaf burning was allowed anywhere I've ever lived, but I remember the smell.  My dad died when I was very small - I have no conscious memory of him, but I apparently told a teacher at school that he was raking leaves and burning them, and he caught fire and died.  I have no earthly idea where my young mind came up with a story like that and I have no memory of having told it.  I wonder now, though, if someone attempted to explain cremation to me (my dad was cremated) and that was the only way my little mind could wrap itself around it.  For the record, my dad died of kidney disease about a year before dialysis was widely available.  There were no leaves involved.

I went to church yesterday for the first time in a very long time.  We have a new Director of Music Ministries, and so I've rejoined the choir and am going to give things another shot.  I've been struggling with vocal issues that I'm reasonably sure are due to non-use.  I'm hopeful that singing regularly again will help in correcting the problems. 

And it occurred to me that it might not make any sense to anyone but me why getting "all the plants watered" was a big deal on my weekend list.

These are the plants around my house.  Mostly in my sunroom. There's another plant stand in the basement that I was just too lazy to go down and photograph this morning  :-D  The succulents were purchased really only for the wrought iron hanging container that they came in.  That they are growing is not due to any real care on my part  ;-D  The African violets have most of my focus at the moment as they are headed to show in a couple of weeks.  Cross your fingers that they come fully in to bloom.  November is NOT a good time to have a show in Chicagoland.  Next year's show will be back in the springtime where it usually is.  That will be helpful.

I'm grateful for time.  I have it (for now), and I'm making more time in my life for things that are important for and to me.  I am grateful for the time I have, and today I'm reminded that it's not an unlimited gift.  We all have a specific amount of time here, and lately I feel like I've been wasting mine.  So - regrouping.  Again, and moving forward.  This hasn't been the easiest of years, but it's far from the worst, and I am so lucky to have the time I've already had.  One can only hope I don't get run over by a bus on my way to work today . . .


As my mom used to say, tomorrow is promised to no man.  My mom and Buddha.  This is making me laugh because I could absolutely see my late mom having a conversation with Buddha.  Totally.  :-)

It's up to us to live our lives.  Truly live our lives.  Now.  Not tomorrow, now.  What is the next right step?  Whatever it is, it's time to take it.

Now . . .



Comments

Popular Posts