The Sunday Wrapup . . .

This has been another weekend to myself.  I still had things left from last weekend's to-do list, as well as this week's now  :-D  Not the papers have still not been shredded . . . but that's happening today.  Without fail.  I'm also about to head out to the store.  I pretty well cleaned out the refrigerator on Thursday, and it's looking pretty empty.  I also have company headed my way this week, so I'm working on some meals for that time. 

I've been working with my Ink & Volt planner again.  I got it early this year and felt like it wasn't working well for me.  Since I've tried it again, I realize I just wasn't using it well.  I have also come to the slow conclusion that I'm attempting to do too many things.

For many years people have been telling me that they don't know how I do all I do.  I've never really felt like I was doing all that much.  I know I've blogged about this before in years past - it feels much more immediate now somehow - with work ramping up massively, I'm finding myself struggling to keep up.  Knowing that I need to make new habits for myself has been added to the mix.  I've learned from Joan Anderson that when change is thrust upon us is when we really begin to look at things. 

This is where I find myself now.  It's not a bad place, just a thoughtful one  :-)

In other news of the week - I'm an early adopter where Christmas is concerned, and I've been working on decorating the house this weekend  :-)  Two of my foxes, the Polish Christmas House (you put a candle in it - so beautiful), and a primitive lambie.  It's fun!! 


And the plants are attempting to come into bloom for the state show next weekend.  They are slow at this time of year . . . I've had to turn up the furnace that heats the sunroom.  To 74 degrees!  The rest of the house is at 68, so it's quite interesting going from one side of the house to the other  :-D  I also increased my lights by another hour, but it's the heat that is really going to make the difference.  I hope.  They are blooming, but not blooming fully.  Mid-November is NOT a good time to have an African violet show in Chicagoland.  We'll be moving back to our usual springtime show next year.

You can see Christmas garland on the floor behind, and if you click to biggify, you might even catch a glimpse of BunBun the Christmas bunny, in her special chair!  :-D


My health coach, Jill Harris, gave the group the word on this water.  I used a coupon and ordered a bunch of it.  So far I've tried the cherry and it was good.  Plain water is my main drink, but I must say that it's pretty great to drink something once in awhile that actually tastes like something!


Here is something I love about winter:  I'm going to put my sweats on over my jams and skip the bra,because no one can tell when I'm wearing my coat.  And then I'm going to go to the store  :-D

And here's a Sunday song for this cloudy morning


Comments

Popular Posts