Catching Up

Whew!  I shot photos all week, but didn't get to get them out of the camera until this morning.  Don't know why things felt so busy, but they did.

And, for a change of pace, here is some knitting content :-D   My Christmas Socks.

Socks_34 
 
I finished one in plenty of time for Christmas . . . and although I'm usually pretty good about finishing what I start, I didn't finish these until this past week.  I cast on for the second one at the end of February/beginning of March.
 
The yarn is Jarbo Garn Mini Raggi. I got it at The Fold. I believe it's Scandinavian.  It's similar to Opal in feel and in how it knitted up.  The pattern is Spring Forward - a free one on Knitty.com.  I made my standard modification (this has to be at least the third or fourth pair I've made in this pattern) of increasing the pattern repeat from 11 to 13 stitches (otherwise I can't get them over my heels).
 
With these off the needles, I have have only two works in progress - my St. Brigid, which I did finish work on for a couple of hours this morning, and the ill-fated entrelac hat I started in class last fall.  I have a corrected pattern now, though, so I have high  hopes of finishing it, and the sleeves are attached and I've started the sleeve/side seaming on St. Brigid and have started knitting the lower/neck part of the neck/collar. 
 
Kinda wish I did not HAVE to go to the store and run errands today!

Comments

candy said…
Oh these are pretty :)
Diane said…
LOVE these socks. Perfect christmas colors and the sock holders are adorable with the little sheep finger holds.
A :-) said…
Thanks you guys :-)

Popular Posts