:-D

When I came home from my most recent trip, my porch (now shrub) goose had some new headgear.

Goose

(and I'm back to Flickr photos . . . more lines when I upload directly to Blogger.  What is up with that? :-(  )

This isn't going to be funny to you unless you are of a certain age and you grew up in the Chicagoland area.  but if you grew up here in the 60's, let me take you down memory lane for minute.  Enjoy  :-)



My cousin ME's husband, R, was the culprit - apparently he's been wanting to do this for some time.  He said, "now if we could only find a cement rabbit, you could knit it a hat."  A reference to Romberg Rabbit, one of the characters on the show. 

I grew up watching Frazier Thomas - the host of not only Garfield Goose and Friends, but also of Family Classics.  Anyone else long to hear that theme again?  :-)   I'd post it, but Blogger seems to be quite crabby this morning . . .

Anyway, I had picked up a copy of this book for R.  If you watched television in Chicagoland growing up, you might enjoy it.  I got my copy at the Art Institute, but they are also available directly from the Museum of Broadcast Communications (I got a Garfield t-shirt there one year for me and for another cousin!)


And on a completely unrelated topic, here's what my weekend is shaping up to look like . . . plantlets to pot up and plants to pot on.  Yikes!

Work to do

Comments

Fujiyamamama said…
I loved Garfield Goose, but oddly I have no recollection of the song!

Popular Posts