Keep On Keeping On . . .

Why did I buy all those leaves last summer/fall? 

Really - what was I thinking?!

The Guest Room stand:

Guest Room Stand_January 2012

A close up of that top shelf:

Plantlets_January 2012

Two shelves of the Sun Room stand (which is currently in the kitchen because the CHRISTMAS TREE is still not put away . . . ).  There's plenty of room here - at least for a few days, because . . .

Sun Room Stand_January 2012

. . .  here's the basement stand.  Top shelf, second tray from the right - I still have all those to pot up.  And that domed tray?  Leaves that weren't quite ready to be in the real world yet and a couple of crowns I had to restart.  And to tell the truth, on that second shelf, a few of those pots have multiple plantlets - I want them to get a little bit bigger before I split them up.

Basement_January 2012

On that second shelf, far right - plants in that tray will be going to Windy City, and the tray second from the left has plantlets for a friend of mine. 

So, I'm making progress, but please, will someone smack me the next time I mention "more leaves" or "going to an African violet show?"  The violets came before the yarn - I mean, I've been knitting since I was little, but I didn't acquire the huge yarn stash I have until the past four or five years.  This collecting tendency is giving me pause this morning.

I know, those of you who are not rolling your eyes and saying I have a screw loose, are probably looking at the upstairs stands and thinking, "What's the big deal?  It looks like there's plenty of space on those shelves."  Well, yeah, for now - all those babies are going to GROW.  At least that's the plan.  And the majority of them are standards.  On a 2x2 foot stand (those upstairs are that size), I can get probably four normal standards on a shelf - five if they are on the smallish side.  They like their own space and are not happy for long touching each other.  Can you visualize the chaos in a few months yet?

====:-O

A Quick 2012 Goal Update

You might recall that one of my goals for 2012 was to have my office sofa cleared back off by February 1st . . .

The Couch_31 Jan 2012

This is looking like a fail.  I don't see this getting cleared off tonight when I have a tray of living things dow in the basement that must be dealt with sooner rather than later.  So - I am updating this goal.  I'm giving myself until March 1st.  Cross your fingers.  :-)

Comments

Fujiyamamama said…
You can do it A., I have no doubts!
A :-) said…
Joan, that sofa is magnetic :-D I had it all cleared off back during the Great Cleanup of 2010, and now it's nearly as bad again :-D

Popular Posts