Ten on Tuesday . . .

Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is:  10 Interesting Things about my Community.  And then they encourage you to define community in the broadest sense of the term.  So . . .

1.  The village I live in was created as a golf community for the wealthy back in the day.  I live in the oldest part of the village, and the golf courses here are still world famous.

2.  My community is wonderfully diverse not only racially and religiously, but also by age and status.  There is a broad cross section here of our world and I really love that about it.

3.  I can walk to the train from my house.  That means that I rarely drive my car.  My new car is now a little over a year old.  It has fewer than 7,000 miles on it.  Yay!

4.  I am less than an hour outside of Chicago by train or by car.

5.  I have been acquainted with the last two Village Presidents (i.e., the Mayor), and once I rode home in a squad car with the former mayor after severe weather forced us off the train one village away!

6. I consider the City of Chicago part of my community as well - and for all its faults, there is no place like it anywhere else in the world.  In fact, I have traveled and lived pretty much all over the world, and I always come home . . .  :-)  I think that's interesting!

7.  I think it would be easier to tell you what is NOT interesting about Chicago.  It's one of the most interesting places in the world.  Whatever you want, you can get it here, and generally at any hour of the day or night  ;-)

8.  Of course my extended family is a large part of my community - I and my closest extended family members all live within 3 miles of each other!

9.  And I have a community of friends and believe me, they are all very interesting people.  I certainly count myself lucky in the friend department.

10.  I suppose the most important community is that of the spirit - and I think we each create that for ourselves in whatever way(s) we feel are best.  I create all facets of my community - it's all around me.  And whether or not it's interesting to anyone else doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  It's interesting to me and I love that  :-)

And here is the look at the Amaryllis - yesterday:


And today.  I think you can really see how quickly the plant is altering its lean - it's already much straighter. And I keep giving that one leaf on the right a helping hand to stand back up  :-)


Comments

candy said…
Interesting post. I think having friends does build a stronger feeling of community. I love the purple inch plant or wandering jew next to the amaryllis

Popular Posts