If it's not One Thing . . .

So. In my travels in and out of the house yesterday, I discovered that a mud dauber wasp had made a nest on my security door. I know these wasps are beneficial because they eat spiders and there are a bazillion spiders around here, but it's a wasp nest. On my FRONT DOOR.

Yeah - no.

So, today I went over to the hardware store and bought some foam and waited until dark to bomb the nest. Here's what it looked like from the inside of the screen door. Both photos are pre-foam. I foamed it from both sides. Tomorrow I'll knock it off the screen somehow.

Ick.


I took a well-deserved break today - had a great workout at the club, and I even took a nap on the couch! My Moroccan corner in my living room is taking shape, and that makes me happy. There is an antique quilt that is going to go on that naked wall. It's not Moroccan, but it's very beautiful - made by my Great Grandmother. It will be beautiful there. And, I spent some quality time working on a prayer shawl for some friends of mine in Denver.

Dinner - well, I finally had the energy to cook something healthy, which is a relief. This release of old stuff and extra stuff and stuff in general is, as I had hoped, proving to be very beneficial to me in so many areas. As Linda M. mentioned, good karma :-)

I'm not quite ready to pronounce it finished, but I have such a good handle on it. It really is a good feeling. And there are already more bags in the living room, ready for the Second Chance Shop on another Saturday :-) This probably won't be as meaningful to you if you have not been at my house and seen my kitchen junk drawer, and I didn't think it take a before photo. Who knew that they make "Junk Drawer Organizers."

AWESOME!!!!

Please tell me that I'm not the only person who has THREE garage door openers for a garage door that doesn't even exist anymore . . . I'm thinking these were a legacy from my late mom and the original garage door on this house.

That means it's been more than six years since I have cleaned out this drawer . . .

We'll see what the week brings. Next weekend I'm heading up to the Michigan Fiber Festival on the Windy City Knitting Guild bus with Linda the Chicken Lady and Yarnsnob Jamie. I'm SURE it's going to be a very fun day :-)

The dryer is buzzing. . .

Comments

Michelle said…
What good timing -- cleaning out the stash just in time to restock! ;-)
candy said…
I would need a ten-foot pole and a hazmat suit in order to be brave enough to knock off a wasp nest, even if they were foamed.
A :-) said…
Candy - I knocked it with a small hammer . . . from INSIDE the house on the safe side of the screen :-D

Popular Posts