I'm so Wiped . . .

It's 10:30

It's been a busy day :-) In addition to the work in the house today, I made it to the Post Office to mail some books off, then to the Second Chance Shop to drop off a carload of stuff, then to K-Mart where I found awesome baskets, then to the credit union to make a deposit, and then to JoAnn Fabrics where I finally got stuffing to stuff the leather pouf I got in Morocco. And then to Burger King, which is so not best for me, but I was really hungry. And then home, and back to the Great Clean Up of 2010.

I found a lot of really interesting stuff . . . including a beautiful Cross pen set, and these. These are my old character shoes and ballet slippers. In another life, I used to work in the theatre. These shoes have seen a lot of time on the boards. I've carried them around with me for about 20 years now even though I haven't worn them in all that time . . . they are so worn and molded to my feet that no one else's feet would ever fit them . . . I sent them to their Great Reward today . . .

And in their honor, I'll take a moment of silence

and let the photos do the talking . . .

























OMG - I'm in love with my linen closet :-) Thank you K-Mart for having the perfects baskets. I'm missing a couple of photos, and I'm too wiped to take them now. So - all the stuff is off my bed (really - and it's all either put away, donated, or tossed), and the cedar chest is cleared off. I'm done . . . until tomorrow, when I have to go to the hardware store and get a small teacup hook to hang the mini lantern that is currently resting on the top of the three-level shelf, and a new can of Enforcer. It's foam that you use to spray wasp and yellow-jacket nests. I discovered today that mud wasps are building a mud nest on my security door between the metal and screen. I can't imagine how I didn't see it before now . . . you have to spray in the evening when they are sleeping . . . I'm not too excited about it, but at least the cans have super range. You can spray/shoot from about 20 feet away.

I'm happy with the progress I have made today. My office, the linen closets, my bedroom, the main bathroom, and half the kitchen and half the guest room are done. There's more to do, but I'm thinking about taking a break tomorrow. I think I deserve one!

And Kristi - thanks, I love my lantern and am so excited to have it finally hanging in the living room.

Comments

Linda M said…
It has been wonderful and inspiring to follow your cleaning saga. the psychic energy you are generating is going to feel so good when you declare the house finished. You should be able to accomplish so much without the burden of all that stuff. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the process.

Linda M (lulabellebird on rav)
A :-) said…
Linda, so glad you're stopping by - and yes, it's already feeling pretty awesome in here :-) A number of people have told me that I've inspired them to divest :-)

Hope your violets are doing well!
Yarnsnob said…
I rather like those shoes, I wonder what size you wear? Your cleaning has inspired me too. Can't wait for this weekend.

Popular Posts