Next . . .

I was too tired the other night to go in and take photos of the guest room. It's on tap next. That white boxy looking thing is a small armoire. It's my secondary yarn storage. Those blue things in the foreground are the Roughnecks I got for possible yarn storage :-S

All this yarn is crazy. I never intended to have this much. But I'm sure you all know how it goes, and since I've been buying sweater quantities, there are large groups of it, and alot of it got moved in here, out of the office.

OK. Now you have to know that this looked much better before we hauled all the boxes out of the right hand closet. Those boxes contain photos and scrapbooks that were my mother's. I have a plan to scan the ones that have people I know in them, but it's going to take some time. And there are two more boxes in the closet, but they will come out. There is more yarn on the daybed. And also there is a bunch of stuff that will either go on eBay or get donated, so it's not quite as bad as it might seem :-)

Still, it's going to take some time, and really, those curtains look pretty dinge-y. I'm thinking they are going to need to come down and get washed. I'm not looking forward to this because, unlike the ones in my bedroom, these are not wash, dry and hang. I had to iron them all last time and I thought I was going to expire. It took HOURS of ironing to get them presentable. Wonder if maybe it's time to get something else for the windows in here . . .

Truth be told, I don't like the walls in this room. This was going to be my mom's room - she spent only a couple of nights in it - the first night on our moving day, and then a couple of nights in between her hospitalization and surgery. She liked very cool colors, and I usually like warm ones. Thus, almost the entire house is done in warm shades except for this room, which is an icy light blue. I also don't care for the rug in here, even though I bought it. Oh well, that's going to stay. :-)

You can see that I managed to get two shelves from the garage. I cleaned them up. Those are two big bags of yarn on top. There is more yarn behind the shelves and more yarn and fiber hidden behind the frame of the daybed. The shopping bag has stuff that I'm in the process of divesting. Michelle asked where the yarn was. Check my trade/sell page on Ravelry :-) Most of the Wollmeise I'm first attempting to trade to get skeins of Pesto, 100% for a sweater, and I'm almost there. Once I have what I need, then I will price the rest, so go and look Michelle and make your list and let me know :-)

I have not gone through this yarn armoire yet . . . or really sorted the armoire in the sunroom. So yarn divestiture looks to be a somewhat ongoing process. I'm reasonably sure that I don't have everything photo'd and catalogued on Ravelry either and it's time to get that finished and see what, if anything can go.

Here are the closets. The shelves in the left one are close to being OK because we did do some work in here already. The right one is looking pretty good, too, although, as mentioned there are two boxes left on the upper shelves. I really need to figure out some kind of storage for all the bedding for the various sofa beds in this house. Probably the linen closets are going to be next on my list. . .

Does anyone know of any organization that NEEDS hangers? I have a 29 year supply and there is a laundry basket full of them in the basement. I'm going to check with the Second Chance Shop and see if they need any.

This looks to be my Saturday . . . ;-)

Comments

Michelle said…
I'd come live in that room (once you clean out the boxes -- but you can leave the yarn for me); I love those colors!
Michelle said…
Oh, I can recommend Space Saver bags for the linens; you'll be AMAZED at how little space they take up once compressed!
A :-) said…
So - they are like space bags, right? I have a couple of those - you mean you just squish down the comforters? Those are what take up the most space. I was afraid they wouldn't plump back up . . .
Michelle said…
Yes, you put stuff in those space bags, attach your vacuum hose to the hole and suck out all the air -- presto! Flat comforters! And yes, they poof back up just fine....
candy said…
Looking good! Curtains should not take hours. Life is too short to iron curtains or fold fitted sheets. (The fitted sheet thing was from something I read about prioritizing your housework).

Popular Posts