Day 27 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

Yesterday's tasks, which turned into going through my entire yarn and fiber stash turned into a 2-day project. 

The suggestions for today are: 

  • Donate old Games/Craft Supplies
  • Kids Toy Boxes: Sort through and toss any broken toys, donate any no longer used.

The stash project seems to fit both these tasks in at least a small way.  I went through all my games a couple of years ago, so I only have the ones I want to keep, and since I don't have children, the stash project is what I continued working on today!

I spent the morning getting all the yarn photo'd and catalogued.  I definitely fell down on the job on this over the past couple of years and I had purchased a lot of sock yarn for my CSM in the past couple of years.  But everything that is a full skein is now documented in my stash.  There is still some yarn in the door chest in my guestroom, but not very much.  This is a step forward for me - to have nearly everything in the "yarnoire."  Top shelf is fiber, and half the lower shelf is fiber, with the other half being larger skeins of assorted yarns.  Handspun is in the cubby on the left.  Some special fiber is in the center cubby, and sock yarn (mostly Opal) is in the cubby on the right.

Top drawer is all fingering weight.  I was mainly a sock knitter for a really long time.  Can you tell?  :-D  You have a better view of the cubbies here.  The fiber in the center is Corriedale mixed with wool that I picked up on the Isle of Iona when I was there one spring.  It was blended with this Corriedale.  That was in 2008, I think.  I've been afraid to spin it for fear of messing it up . . .

Second drawer is all various weights of Socks that Rock, a yarn that I enjoy knitting with. I've made a dent here over time.

And the third drawer is yarns of other weights.  Some yarns are also on the first shelf.

This ended up being a 2-day project!  I've matched up some yarns with some patterns, but still have a few more to go, so will share that when I have a better idea of how I want to move forward.

The New Year draws close . . .


Comments

Retired Knitter said…
I love the furniture you have your yarn in. Really lovely - and easy to see what you actually have. My own storage isn't so user friendly.
A :-) said…
This armoire is probably my favorite thing in my house. My bedroom furniture matches it - a door chest and nightstand. I fell in love with this piece, and because I have a cathedral-style ceiling in my sunroom, it was the perfect place for it. It does hold a LOT of yarn/fiber. I did clear quite a bit of it, though. Yay Me! I do have at least one Rubbermaid Roughneck tub of yarn that I've been accumulating to one day tackle Kaffe Fassett's Long Leaf Coat. It's very 80's in style, but, then, so am I :-D

Popular Posts