Day 26 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

Christmas was a really nice day.  I spent it in my jams! 

The decluttering suggestions for today are:

  • Purge, Donate, and Organize Toys
  • Kids Closets: Remove outgrown items, donate or store in labeled storage.

I don't have any children so I thought this day would not apply to me . . . 

But I realized that I could consider my yarn as a toy to be purged, put up on my Ravelry trade/sell page, and organized.  What I really feel like is matching up some yarn with patterns in the hope that I will get some serious knitting done in 2021.  So I started that, but I did "toss" my stash and I have quite a bit now on my Ravelry trade/sell page, including some sweater quantities.  

Most of that yarn on the sofa was in the china hutch in the living room, which now looks so much better.

I completely emptied the "yarnoire."

I'm in the process of putting things back.  Most of the yarn in the Field's bag, in the photo above, came out of here.  I haven't really touched the fiber, which remains on the sunroom floor, 


and I found some yarn that was not yet photo'd and catalogued into my stash, so I'll be dealing with these things tomorrow, making this a 2-day project! 

Here's amaryllis #1

And here is amaryllis #2!  FOUR blossoms on the stem!!

It's funny how fast Christmas passes, isn't it?  All the hoopla and buildup - and then it's done in a day.  I know it lasts until Epiphany, which is January 6th in 2021, but somehow it feels like I can start putting Christmas things away soon.  Maybe even in the next couple of days.  I've been enjoying them since early October  :-) 

And now is the mad dash toward the end of this horrid year.  I'm ready . . .


Comments

Retired Knitter said…
Now de-stashing yarn I have done, but never on Ravelry. I mostly have just given away yarn I no longer want - to friends or to a thrift shop. My stash is still pretty large, but it is now curated down to what I really really want to knit with ... yes, it is still too much. Thankfully I have put the breaks on buying as much as I used to.
A :-) said…
It's interesting - I've destashed on Rav before and had good success with it. This time, no bites yet, which has never happened before . . . if it doesn't sell I'll pick an arbitrary date and donate it. I, too, am trying to cool my jets where buying yarn/fiber is concerned.

Popular Posts