Day 10 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

The decluttering suggestions for today are:

  • Clean out your purse
  • Junk Drawer:  Get rid of everything not needed, use plastic containers to organize.

More calendar overlap today, since I just cleaned out my backpack on Day 5, but there is more than one junk drawer in this house.  For sure.

This is the kitchen junk drawer.  As I looked at it, I realized that there was a lot of stuff that actually belonged in the toolbox, so I went downstairs and it - well, got both of them.

Mine was the one on the left, which is an actual toolbox.  The blue one on the right is a tool box, but it's set up more like a fishing tackle box and it's smaller.  It was my mom's. 

First step was emptying them out and cleaning them both up.  I decided to donate my old one and keep the blue one. 

Next step was emptying out the junk drawer . . .  Seriously, it was like a fricking clown car!  All this stuff came out of that one drawer! 

I discovered that I have a 29-year supply of a variety of things, including matchbooks and single-edged razor blades which I think were actually my mom's, which means they are at least 17 years old. 

And silica gel packs and carabiners which are not suitable for rock climbing but are cool to clip things on to other things.  I can understand keeping the silica gel, it's good to put in purses not in use, but I don't understand why it was in the junk drawer.  I also had a ridiculous number of big rubber bands, which I should have piled up and photo'd, but I tossed them before I thought of that  :-D

I sorted it all and bagged stuff that should just be downstairs in the hardware cupboard, and I put tool stuff in the tool box.

This is a pretty big difference from where we started.  There are a couple of pens that I put back in after I took this photo.  :-D

This was a good project!

10 days down, 20 to go!

And yes, it's for sure now, the Amaryllis is waking up!!!


Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah.  This is a great tune from Daveed Diggs (of Hamilton fame)  :-) 

Happy Hanukkah!


Comments

Kim said…
Keep rocking these tasks. I only have one junk drawer in the house, so today I focused on the contract knitting project.

I have a bunch of dressy scarves that I no longer want/need. Any suggestions for donating? The only place near me is Salvation Army.
A :-) said…
Is there a consignment shop near you? I scored a gorgeous Gucci scarf years ago at a consignment place somewhere in the Gold Coast.

Popular Posts