Day 22 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

The decluttering suggestions for today are:

  • Back up photos on your phone and delete.
  • Garage, Part 1:  Go through and toss any items you no longer need or will use.

I did the photo thing a couple of months ago, so that's done.  And I gotta tell you - cleaning out the garage in December in Chicagoland is just not going to happen.  That's a summer project.  My garage isn't too bad, though, so I don't feel bad about putting this off.  

I was productive today nonetheless.  Today was the day that I took everything out of here.  It took me about 30 minutes to load my SUV.  I popped the back seats down and proceeded to fill the entire cargo hatch.

Here's another view looking from the front to the back.  It was quite full.

Even the passenger seat got into the act.  These are the coats and hats, etc. that I was going to donate to the Chicago Bears coat drive that got cancelled.   First stop, though, was to my cousin K's - she wanted that white stand for her fairy garden.  :-)  She was thrilled with it.  I love it - but it sat in the basement for at least 12 years because I could never figure out how best to use it.  It has two clay pots painted white that sit in the holes on each level.

Next, I decided to try donating the coats at a community center that my church supports.  I never heard back from my minister, but I called the center this morning.  No one answered, but the message said that I was calling during regular business hours so I decided to drive over there - and when I got there, it was shut up tight - not even a car in the lot.  I made the decision to drive back across town to the Salvation Army, since that's where the Bears said to donate the coats.  With those two things accomplished, I headed south again to get to the Second Chance Shop where I think it took four or five shopping carts to unload everything.  

I felt a lot lighter when I got back into the car and headed for home.  This was a great project and seemed to be just what I needed to get me moving around here! 

In other news of the day, the secondary furnace - the one that keeps the sunroom warm - seems to have crapped out - well, it's blowing air, it's just not hot air.  I was sitting there feeling cold and decided to check the thermostat . . . and realized that while it was set at 72, the actual temp in the room was 66.  Ugh.  So I have an appointment - the technician who has done all the maintenance on the furnaces for many years will be here Christmas Eve morning.  I have a service agreement with the company, so hopefully this will not be an expensive venture.  They installed this furnace - it's only 14 years old.  In the meantime, I can put a shawl or a sweater on!

Here is amaryllis #1 - really making a statement now!

And here is amaryllis #2, teasing me with its partially open first blossom!

This cover of Joni Mitchell's The River is probably my favorite.  Every time I hear the cello I wish I could play it.  A little melancholy - sort of like this Christmas . . . 

Comments

Popular Posts