Day 15 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

The suggestions for today are: 

  • Go through you inbox and unsubscribe
  • Bedroom closet: Sort through all clothing and ask if you'd still buy it today.

Alrighty then.  Before I got going on today's tasks, I finished up with the six Space Bags that I pulled up from the basement yesterday as part of the linen closet challenge.  Here is the new group.  Most everything was donated this morning to the animal shelter.  I rang them this morning and they said they would be happy to have it, so I loaded up the back of my SUV and drove over to the shelter and dropped it off.  The yellow pillows and the navy blue quilt are going to the Second Chance Shop.

I also took the time this morning to box up and return the new Fitbit Sense that I ponied up the money for when they had their big Black Friday sale.  I don't know why I keep thinking that I'm going to like a fitness tracker that is worn on my wrist.  The problem is ALWAYS inaccurate step count and this one was no different than the last one I tried.  Fitbit doesn't really seem to be about fitness anymore - I mean, what good are all the bells and whistles if you can't get an accurate count of your daily steps?

And here are the photos of the rest of the closets in my house that contain clothing.  It was pretty much of a bust for decluttering, because I have gone through these items before and seriously pared them down.  None of them fit me, so while I know that it's not ideal to be keeping things that don't fit, these closets contain items that are either very expensive and I like them, or they have sentimental value enough that I want to keep them.  So - no real cleanup here other than I vacuumed the dust off the clothing.  

I'm halfway through!  15 down, 15 to go!

Both sides of the office closet:


And both closets in the guest room.  I will be working on the bottom half on this first closet on the day when they say to go through all your purses, which is coming up next week, I think.

 This closet doesn't really have any clothes in it anyway . . . 

That leaves us with email.  I have been unsubscribing as I go along for about the past month.  All the fiber/yarn info has been unsubscribed from because it's just too tempting.  At this time of year I seem to get a lot of daily emails that should end at some point in January.  No photos to share of this task, but you can rest assured that I will continue to unsubscribe to stuff I no longer need/want.

Time for me to indulge in some nostalgia.  If you're of a certain age and you grew up in Chicagoland Hardrock, Coco, and Joe was eagerly awaited every year.  


Comments

Kim said…
You are doing a great job! I don't have a linin closet, just a shelf in my bedroom closet which holds two sets of sheets.

Unsubscribing has felt wonderful. I have kept a few so I can see what my favorite dyers are creating.
A :-) said…
Kim, thank you! I'm still pounding it out and am grateful for the overlap so I'm not always doing two tasks every day!

Popular Posts