Day 16 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

The suggestions for today are:

  • Purge and organize linen closet
  • Underwear/Sock Drawer: Go through and make matches, get rid of old, ratty and odd pieces.

I'm on the downhill side of this challenge!!!  And there is more overlap today - the linen closet(s) got done a couple of days ago!  I do have a lingerie chest and a door chest that also has some underthings in it.  I decided to tackle them both.  Again, some of this work was done the last time I went through everything.  The lingerie chest doesn't have all that much in it.  I did look everything over, and found a couple more pieces of jewelry that could go  :-D

Next was my door chest.  Sort of a wonky before/after shot.  On the top left are jeans in descending sizes . . . Ugh.  There was dust, so I took care of that, and then went through all the drawers as well.  I have a 29-year supply of knee-high hosiery.  I ended up keeping it all, but geez.  I have no idea how I ended up with so much of it.  And I found a package of pantyhose - something I haven't worn in a very long time.  For reasons known only to my subconscious I kept those, as well.  :-D

But, all in all, I filled another bag for the Second Chance Shop.

 Oh - and then I realized there was stuff in this basket, which had a pillow on top of it  :-D  A surgical shoe, and the boot from when I fractured one of my metatarsals, as well as some random t-shirts, a blouse that needs to go to the drycleaner's, and my old favorite green corduroy shirt which is in tatters and I have not been able to force myself to toss it out.  I cleaned the basket up and will figure out time when I can get the shirt to the cleaners.  Somehow that doesn't seem like an essential trip to me . . .

16 done, 14 to go!

Amaryllis 1

And amaryllis 2

On a topic completely unrelated to decluttering, I saw the endodontist again today to get the results of the CT of my wonky tooth from two weeks ago.  The long story short is that I now have to have a consultation with an oral surgeon because she thinks I might have a cyst in my jaw.  She gave me a referral and I'll make that call tomorrow and see when I can get in.

I'm still stuck in the past today - another from when I was a kid!  Suzy Snowflake was one of the companion "cartoons" to Hardrock - Coco - and Joe.  A beloved children's show, Garfield Goose and Friends would announce what day it was going to on and all the kids my age would run home from school to see Suzy  :-)   

Comments

Popular Posts