Day 18 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

The suggestions for today are:

  • Clean out the freezer
  • Laundry Room:  Toss old or not in use laundry product and unpaired socks.

I wasn't really looking forward to either of these tasks, but I dug in and was finished before 11 a.m.!  Wow!

I don't have a laundry "room."  I have a laundry closet.  In my kitchen.

It was rather grubby, as was the inside of the washer.  How does the inside of a washer get grubby?!  I was able to rearrange things, with a few items going for donation and a few tossed.  One thing I'm not sure about is how to dispose of butane.  My mom - and yes, I'm sure these were my mom's - had a couple of containers of butane for refilling lighters.  The stick lighters I use now cannot be refilled - at least one of them cannot  I guess I'll figure that out later.

Here's the before/after - I know it doesn't look much different, but it's a whole lot less dusty, I know where everything is now, and the top of my dryer is no longer a catch-all.  I keep my masks and lens wipes (I use them to clean my phone off) on the dryer so they are accessible, and I just used up the gloves that lived here.  I have a box in the linen closet that will be moving to this location.  Oh - and there were three odd socks in my door chest in my bedroom.  They have gone to their Great Reward  ;-)

Next was the freezer.  This has been a mess since the pandemic started.  I really stocked up on frozen stuff.  Now I need to use it up.  A little hard to tell, but now, all the veg is in the top basket.  Fish is in the second basket with some overflow to the third and fourth baskets.  I have one large gel-ice in the third basket in case something on my body hurts.  All the frozen chicken stock is also on this shelf.  The bottom shelf has been where I've stored meat and chicken in mainly individual servings, but I also have two bags of fresh frozen mixed fruit to make smoothies with.  I only have one blender and it's in the basement earmarked for paper-making.  But it's still in the box because I haven't been making any paper, so I should probably grab it and get cracking on the occasional smoothy.  Nothing got tossed, but at least I rearranged and know where stuff is now  :-D

I have a lot of fish to eat . . .

How about some Dolly today?  :-)


Comments

Popular Posts