Day 13 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

As you read yesterday, I messed up the posts for days 12 and 13.  

The suggestions for yesterday (that I did today) were:

  • Clean out/Organize plasticware drawer
  • Toiletries & Makeup: Toss old, expired, cracked items, only keep what you use.

More overlap.  All the toiletries and makeup got done a couple of days ago!  

What is a plasticware drawer???  Seriously.  I have some plastic utensils in a drawer, is that what this means?  I'm guessing so - so I went for the two bottom drawers in the kitchen because they had a bunch of plastic silverware.  That's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? ;-) 

Anyway, I got started with the third drawer.

There wasn't all that much in either of these these drawers except a lot of plastic cutlery.  So, mostly I just tidied up. Here's the bottom drawer. 

These two drawers took me all of 20 minutes, so I decided to do one of the utensil drawers.  Here it is.

And then I figured, in for a penny in for a pound, which means that I didn't get a great before shot of this second utensil drawer. 

Both of these drawers yielded a lot of stuff that I didn't need or want to keep.  This is mostly all the plastic cutlery, but the stuff in my hand in the photo above is now in a bag for the Second Chance Shop.

13 down, 17 to go!  A friend asked me today if it really was helpful to be doing this in such small increments and I had to say that it really is.  :-)  

No big change with amaryllis 1.
 

If you compare amaryllis 2 with its photo from yesterday you'll see that it has straightened up and is looking good!

Today the seam ripper I ordered from Amazon arrived.  Well, a 29-year supply of seam rippers arrived.  I only needed the one, but they all seemed to come in 6- or 8-packs!  Anyway - you'll remember the pink windbreaker from Day 2 with all my Volksmarching patches from Colorado on it.  All are removed and are in the folder with all the rest that never made it on to the jacket (which was so old by this point that the elastic in the bottom was shot).  The jacket went to its Great Reward. 2021 will see me back on the trail.  It's time to work back up to being to walk a 10K.

Some more Piano Guys tonight, with no piano . . .  



Comments

Michelle said…
I think of 'plasticware' as the generic term for Tupperware. And I could listen to the Piano Guys all day long....
A :-) said…
That makes sense - and it didn't occur to me :-D

Popular Posts