Day 11 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

 I manged to get up at 6 this morning, waking about three minutes before the alarm.  It was nice to start my day on my own terms.  I got the trash out and decided to get an early walk in.  I made it to the retention pond before sunrise and got to chat with an acquaintance there.  She has a floofy dog (that's A-speak for Samoyed :-D).  We chatted for a few and then I made my way around the pond.  By the time I was around and on the last stretch, the sun was well on its way and this shot appeared.  

 
I'm calling it Tree of Life - Samhain.

It was good that I got out when I did.  The day turned gloomy and cool almost immediately after the sun came up.  So I headed home to get a start on today's decluttering tasks. 

The suggestions for today are: 

  • Purge makeup drawer/bag
  • Bathroom Cabinets:  Go through all products.  Only keep what you really use.

Alrighty then - these are both worthy challenges.  

I have three drawers in the bathroom and you already saw my medicine cabinet on Day 7.  I started with these.  Here is before/after of the top drawer.

Here is drawer two and it was gross with a lot of . . . um . . . hair to be cleaned up.  Ick!

And here is the bottom drawer.  This is probably the most dramatic change  :-) 

Then, it was on to the linen closet.  All the rest of my toiletries are in my linen closet, and clearly (1) I have a crap-ton of them; and (2) they are a big fat mess. OMG.  There was a LOT of expired stuff that I could toss, and I was able to sort and wipe stuff down.  There was a lot of other stuff I could just get rid of.  I pretty much filled another bag for the Second Chance Shop with things never opened that I knew I was never going to use.  I didn't touch the linens - they will be dealt with on another day.

Here's the after shot.  I realize it's still rather crowded with stuff, but it's better than it was and I had to find a place for the all pandemic supplies that I never had before this year.  They are on two shelves - gloves on the bottom shelf, and gloves, masks, and wipes just above them. 

Then it was time for makeup.  I don't wear a lot of makeup anymore.  And since COVID, I don't really wear any at all.  I mean, I put my eyebrows on when I have to go for a medical or dental appointment, but one day I put lipstick on and it just stuck to the inside of my mask so what's the point there?  :-D  I do have some makeup, though - some in my room, some in a bathroom drawer, some in my purse, and the stuff that hasn't been opened yet lives in the linen closet.  Most of it, however, is here in my room.

I cleaned up both of these shelves, and also the makeup bag in my backpack.  Everything is a lot more manageable now.  I realize my makeup bag here is pretty grubby looking.  I've had it forever - it's an old Clinique one and I have a larger bag that matches it that is my travel bag for toiletries.  I've tried and tried to get this thing clean without success.  I keep it because it's the perfect size. 

So I'm just over a third down with this project.  11 days down, 19 to go!  

Here's today's shot of the amaryllis.

 

Until the phone I have now this was my ringtone.  On every single cell phone.  :-D  I just haven't figured out how to do it on my iPhone or it would be my ringtone still  :-D


 You wanna dance now, don't you?  ;-)


Comments

Michelle said…
Yep; such a happy tune!
Retired Knitter said…
I have two bathrooms with two linen closets and they are both desperate for a clean out!!
A :-) said…
It always makes me smile, Michelle :-)

Elaine - I used to have two linen closets - I gave one up when I redid the main bathroom. But there are linens in two places here, too. And I'm one person and don't have a lot of company any more. I'm actually looking forward to dealing with the linens. I anticipate a LOT more bags for the Second Chance Shop.

Popular Posts