Day 24 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

The decluttering suggestions for today are: 

  • Clean out your car
  • Automobile:  Go through and toss all garbage and put things back in place.

This was the first time all month that both the tasks were the same!  :-D 

My car is relatively like new.  I keep it that way and I don't have children or animals that could make things a little more messy.  But my front window needed a Windexing, and my plate sticker needed to be adhered.  Of course this was the coldest day of the year so far, with temps remaining in the teens.  Ugh.  I attempted to wipe the front windshield but it was just too cold.  I did manage, however, to get my plate sticker on before running back into the house!

The furnace had come back on the other night - so whatever the problem was it was intermittent.  The furnace guy came this morning, and the problem was a very dirty heat sensor. So both the furnaces are cleaned up and working well.  He mentioned something about the bearings in the one that was acting up.  I don't really want to think about having to get another furnace so I'm hoping that this one will last for quite awhile longer!

I worked on a little puzzle that my bestie, T, gave me as an Advent present!  It's 4' x 6" and it's wooden!  I love it!!

 I knit some more on the Project Peace shawl, and noticed that there is a dead opossum in my yard.  it's a big one.  It was so cold last night - I'm wondering if it froze to death  :-(  I'm hoping my cousin's husband will come over, put it in a box and we can toss it into the ravine behind my house.  I'm apparently a bit squeamish to do it myself . . .  :-D 

I spent some time today thinking about how I feel about all the decluttering I've done in my house.  I was talking with my therapist today - and he said the house is a metaphor for my body.  It's like it was a practice run.  I think he's right.  It's time to declutter my body . . . :-)  

Amaryllis #1 is looking good!!

And I think that there might be FOUR blossoms on the first stem of amaryllis #2!

Happy Christmas Eve  :-) 

This tune always makes me smile . . . 


Comments

Michelle said…
Decluttering our bodies sounds like a good next goal, although I have MUCH more to do in and around my house. Merry Christmas, A, and a much, much better New Year!
A :-) said…
Michelle, Same to you!! I hope that 2021 brings both of us all good things :-)
Retired Knitter said…
I keep my car pretty much "picked up" and the engine in pristine condition, but clean? Nope.
A :-) said…
:-D Elaine! My car still pretty much looks like new, except for the mat on the driver's side, which just needs a wash :-D

Popular Posts