Day 3 - 30-Day Declutter Challenge . . .

The decluttering suggestions for today are:

  • Go Through DVD/CD collection
  • Mail & paperwork:  Sort through all bills, junk mail, receipts, etc.  Trash and shred.

Wheeeee!  I have a jump on both of these!!!  I went through my entire DVD/CD collection this summer.  

 

 

Still, there were four DVDs and one CD that went into one of the bags for the Second Chance Shop.

I did all the filing about a month ago, so there's not a lot, and in just the past two weeks I shredded what ended up being four 30-gallon trash bags' worth of paper that went out in the recycling this past Saturday, so that was done.  However, there was paper hanging around here.  More, actually, than I realized.

My desk had gotten a little out of hand again.

And there was a paper and a magazine sitting on a stool in the kitchen.

And yes, I have a box of Pampered Chef sitting in my front hall, and there was paper on the ground next to it. 

A bill from the dentist that was far higher than it had any right to be for a set of mouth x-rays from this summer . . . I've been avoiding this one, but I snatched it up, wrote the check and put it in an envelope.  I'll take it to the P.O. tomorrow.  I pass right by the mailbox on my way to the retention pond.

This catch-all basket yielded quite a stack of magazines that I could toss, and about 5 months' worth of copies of Eating Well that I still want to go through, looking for good recipes.  I find a lot of good stuff in them.

Loose patterns were popped into the cupboard - I will file them this evening back into the appropriate notebook.

Some papers got to stay where they were.  This is my kitchen desk and I'm writing postcards to voters in Georgia in support of Rev. Warnock and Jon Ossoff in the January 5th Senate elections there, so this paper gets to stay where it is for now.  

I looked ahead to tomorrow's choices . . . I think it's going to be a busy day  :-D 

So - 3 days down, 27 to go.  Being able to tackle one thing (or two things) seems to be making this very, very manageable so far.  Crossing my fingers I can continue along this path for the rest of the month!

The amaryllis got a good drink this morning.  I'm hoping it will start to grow soon!

Another cut for you from Winterfall.  I think you'll recognize it . . .


Comments

Kim said…
You continue to rock both of these lists. YEAH YOU!!!

I don't always do what is listed for the day, so, today I tackled some kitchen drawers.....and I have one that is EMPTY now!! Not sure how I will fill this one. I tossed out old cooking utensils that I just don't use and/or were damaged. I also sorted the kitchen towels and removed those that are torn; as well as tossing stained, no lids, mismatched plastic storage containers.

And I finally replaced my bed pillows!!! I ended up having two, yes 2, bags of garbage. I'm tired, but HAPPY with my progress.
Retired Knitter said…
I find one of the secrets to doing decluttering and making the result stick - is to put things away rather than leaving them stored on surfaces. I had to develop that habit to make all my work lasting. It still is a struggle, however.
A :-) said…
Thank you, Kim!! What a great idea to go through your kitchen utensils, etc. I have plenty of raggedy kitchen towels, but they are linen (which has always been my preference) so I use them until they are literally falling apart. Way to go on the bed pillows!!

Elaine, I think you are correct. I'm finding myself trying to put things away as I go now even though it's just been a few days.

Popular Posts