A Little Bit of Cleanup . . .

I did a little cleanup on my blog this week - removing some old badges, broken links, etc., and realized that I have been blogging more or less regularly since June of 2007.  That's a pretty long time I think.

Blogs are not the be-all end-all that they used to be, and many blogs that I've had on my sidebar had not been posted to in, in some cases, more than a year.  Facebook - and Instagram, and Twitter seem to be the way to go, but I don't seem to be able to express myself in one photo or 140 characters or less . . .

So I keep at it here, I guess, because it's important to me, and because I like to read.  I do, and I figure if I like to read there must be other people out there who like to read, too.  I try to tag my posts appropriately and I know that there are folks who read my blog and comment from time to time that I have no idea who they are in the real world.  I kinda like it that people I don't know are touched in some regard by my words.

I'm always looking for interesting blogs that are posted to regularly, so if you know of some, please share in the comments. :-)

It's also time to do some house cleanup.  I dubbed 2015 "The Year of the House" back in January because of the construction that was coming. It entailed massive basement cleanup and then massive construction first in the basement and then upstairs. My living room, guest room, and office were relegated to staging areas.  The living room and the guest room were put back to rights months ago . . . but my office still looks very much like it did back on April 18th when I originally posted this photo:


It's a little better now, but not much . . . It's my plan to begin work on it bit by bit.  My Saturdays for most of November are already full with fun outings with friends, so I will need to work on this over the next weeks and see how it goes.  I'll keep you informed  :-D

Comments

Liz said…
You should try working on it for 20 minutes a day. When I need to get something done I put a knitting podcast on and get to it. Makes the time go faster. Oh and I love blogs too. They are getting far and few between though.
A :-) said…
I kkow it will get done - a little at a time :-)

Popular Posts