Choose Your Destiny . . .

The front of my new Weight Watchers journal has a quote by the founder of Weight Watchers, the late Jean Nidetch:
It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny.
I'm not sure yet how I feel about the new program.  I went to my meeting, and it was pretty much a cluster.  I was really hopeful that WW would have all the kinks worked out of the new online tools by today since we are all now using the same program information.  Um . . .  no.

The entire system crashed this morning.  I started to take the new fitness assessment, and the site crashed in the middle of it.  I haven't been able to find any way to retake the assessment, so I don't have a "personalized" FitPoint target.  Big wup.  I'm not going to link my Fitbit again,  I'm going to track my exercise manually like I always have.  I'm not interested in racking up a bunch of useless FitPoints - because it's no longer recommended that we eat them all.  I feel confident that by manually tracking, i.e., calculating FitPoints for actual exercise rather than just the general walking around that I do every day, I could safely eat them if I felt I needed to.  Plus, I can manually enter my total steps in a day and see how many it would be - but if I never get a FitPoint target I suppose it doesn't matter.

Not only the website was down -  all the computers in the meeting room were down, too, so the receptionists had to calculate everything manually for every member.  They did it all with a smile, but I will say that my leader seemed like she was really on her last nerve.  I think this must have been the week from hell for them.

I've looked at most of my foods and many of them have gone up in points.  But, lean meats have either stayed the same or gone down, so I'm happy about that  :-)  I like fish, and my time as an ovo-pescetarian is going to serve me well, I think, because, yes, this is feeling very much like The Strict Program for Three Months.  So, as I said, whether or not this is sustainable for me over the long haul is a tale yet to be told.

Comments

Popular Posts