Why Not . . .

Post, that is  :-)

On Monday, as I was getting some steps on the train platform waiting on the train, a woman commented to me that she sees me walking there and that I had really lost weight.  That was really nice  :-) 

I can't see much difference in myself even though I'm down a nice amount.  My clothes seem to fit pretty much the same.  Of course, my clothes are all stretchy, so there's no way for me to tell how they are actually fitting  :-D  except for my bra, which I did have to move back to the middle set of hooks on Monday.  So, I must be shrinking.  This is a good thing.

This Sunday, Weight Watchers will be changing up their program.  According to what I'm hearing in the meeting room and "on the street," it will be the biggest change in 50 years.  No real idea of how it will go - lots of rumors, and, unfortunately, as usual, their technology is seriously in the crapper.  They've partially rolled out their new online tracker.  It sucks majorly.  Of course, it's not completely rolled out yet.  But the changeover has been so horrendous that the CEO wrote a form letter yesterday that they sent out to members apologizing for how awful everything is and asking for patience.  Really??  One of the most challenging food times of the entire year, and they're at sixes and sevens.

I've said this before, but it's been my personal experience that WW is terrible with technology.  I really hope they can get it together here.  There's no reason for them not to have the best IT people in the world.  This rollover should have been seamless.  Maybe Oprah can get on them about that  ;-)

Thankfully there is always the option of tracking with a paper tracker, if necessary.  I installed the new app on one of my iPads, but I have resisted updating the app on my Android phone.  I'll change it up when I'm forced to - and certainly not before I'm actually introduced to the new program.  Unfortunately for me, many of the things that I have used regularly - like being able to track my Active Steps rather than total steps - have disappeared in this new tracker, and, from what I'm hearing, earning and eating my Activity Points will be changed in the new world that starts on Sunday.  I've resisted linking my Fitbit to my tracker because it gives me ridiculous amounts of Activity Points for just regular walking around stuff.  Apparently now we're not supposed to eat all of our Activity Points- a direct change from how it's been in the past.  Whatever . . . All will be revealed when the new program is introduced. 

My meeting is on Saturday mornings, and the WW business week begins on Sundays.  Thus, I will be one of the last people to be taught about the program.  It has occurred to me to go to a meeting on Sunday, but I would have to weigh again (you must weigh in on the first meeting you attend in any given week), but I probably won't do that.  I will, however, be watching carefully and reading all I can about the changes in this next week before my meeting.  Change can be hard - but it doesn't have to be.  I'm going to do the best I can - I'll learn the program and keep moving forward  :-)

Comments

Popular Posts